What is your story?

Every story is different, but finding out about your options is the first step to getting the right help.



Ming's Story

Ming came to the U.S. as a visitor, and stayed to live with her sister's family. She helps take care of the kids. Last year she quit a restaurant job. The restaurant owner sexually assaulted her and threatened to call immigration enforcement if she told anyone. Ming's sister helped her report the crime to the police.

Ming may qualify for a U visa.

Ming may qualify for a U visa because she was the victim of a serious crime, and she can help the police. If she qualifies for a U visa, she can stay in the U.S. and apply for a green card.


Eligibility for a U visa:

You may qualify for a U visa if:

  • You were the victim of a crime on the list of qualified crimes;
  • You were hurt physically and/or mentally because of that crime; and,
  • You helped --or will help-- law enforcement.
im_ming_smlgreypng Ming

  More than ten years ago I came for a visit to see my sister's kids. Now it's my home too. I love it here, though lately I've had problems. 

More Information

Do you qualify to stay in the U.S.?

Find the path that's right for you. Answer some simple questions to get started.

Start Now